Many of our rules are defined by the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Revised Statutes and they are non-negotiable.
The OHA Rules include (but are not limited to):
- PROTECT OUR WATER — Please do not use the pool if you have had diarrhea in the past two weeks, or a disease communicable by water.
- SHOWER YOUR CHILD AND YOURSELF. Take a cleansing shower before entering the pool or after using the toilet.
- Swimmers who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Immuno-compromised individuals should use caution when using a public pool.
- WATER AND ALCOHOL DON’T MIX. No person under the influence of alcohol may use the pool.
- NO RUNNING or ROUGH PLAY.
- NO GLASS OR PLASTIC THAT WILL SHATTER.
- NO FOOD or DRINK in the pool.
- NO DIVING ALLOWED
- NO ANIMALS in the pool area.
The Cross Creek Swimming Pool and Recreation Rules are as follows:
- Pool and Rec. Center privileges are for Cross Creek HOA residents and their guests only. Residents will lose recreation center and pool privileges if they allow nonresidents to use their lot number.
- Any residents that are delinquent will not be permitted access. If you bring your account current, your access will be restored at the next system update (every Monday).
- Prior to using the pool, your Lot # must have a signed and complete current year Pool Registration Form and waiver on file.
- Everyone entering the Recreation center must check in at the registration desk.
- To use the facilities, unaccompanied minors must 10 or older. Children age 7-9 must be accompanied by someone age 14+. Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a parent or adult (18+) guardian.
- In order to swim in the deep end, you must be able to pass the swim test. This test is administered at the lifeguard’s discretion, regardless of age. 100 ft freestyle/crawl, 100 ft backstroke, 60 seconds treading water. Deep end privileges may be revoked if you appear to have difficulty in the deep end.
- Guest fee is $1.00 per person (swimmers and spectators). Pay at the registration desk. Guests must be accompanied by a qualified Cross Creek resident. The guest must leave the pool area when the resident leaves.
- Chewing gum, eating food, glass containers nor smoking are not allowed in the pool area.
- Swimmers are required to wear bathing suits. No cut-offs, jeans, etc.
- The use of goggles, masks, fins, balls, floatation devices, etc. in the pool is left to the discretion of the lifeguards.
- Swimming is not permitted if you are wearing bandages or have any infections.
- Do not run on the deck or push anyone into the pool.
- Any condition which endangers or limits the enjoyment of the facility by others will not be permitted.
- The Pool Administrator, Board Members and all staff and lifeguards have complete authority and final say on any decisions they make relating to the safety and/or enjoyment of the pool and facilities.
- No one is allowed inside the fenced pool area during closed hours, this includes private party rentals.
- Anyone damaging recreation center equipment or grounds will be billed for damages.
- Swim lessons (when offered) are for CCHOA residents only. Only those taking swim lessons are to be in the pool area during lesson time. Nobody shall be in the recreation center during lessons.
- The outside of the recreation center, especially the walkways, are to be kept free of bikes, scooters, etc. There is a bike rack for your convenience. Please lock your bikes!
- Family swim sessions are ideal for those who would like to swim with their children in a typically less rowdy atmosphere. While adults are welcome to swim without children, those who bring children are expected to be in the pool with them.
- Adult Swim sessions & Early Bird sessions are “Swim at Your Own Risk” and for adults 18 and older. There can be no minors on the premises during Adult Swim sessions. Early Bird Swim requires (2) adults to be on site at all times.
- All Oregon Health Authority pool rules apply at all times.
For a printable copy of the CCHOA and OHA rules, click here:
Last Updated on 05/30/2023