ANNOUNCEMENT!! NEW POOL & REC CENTER RULES effective 7/14/22:
Unaccompanied Minors at the Pool & Rec Center:
- Unaccompanied minors must be age 10 or older.
- Children age 7-9 must be accompanied by someone age 14+.
- Children 6 and under must be accompanied by a parent/guardian (18+).
New Swim Test (for deep end privileges)
The swim test has been expanded to ensure that swimmers have the endurance and skill needed to swim safely in the deep end.
- This test is administered at the lifeguard’s discretion, regardless of age.
- Deep end privileges may be revoked if you appear to have difficulty in the deep end (even after successfully passing the test).
- The swim test will not be administered during busy times.
- There is no pushing off the wall, stopping at either end of the pool to catch your breath, nor any breaks between laps.
- The new test is:
- 100 feet of freestyle/crawl (4 laps- back and forth twice)
- 100 feet of backstroke (4 laps- back and forth twice)
- 60 seconds of treading water